Minutes from the Monthly Membership Meeting of the
Doylestown Business & Community Alliance
Held April 10th, 2012 8:00 a.m.
Jim Wessier, Molly Lowell, John Downes, Rick Kempes, Matt Kaminski, Ron Martin, Ellen Mager, Lynne Anne Donchez, Lana Wookow, John Halderson, Paula Frame, Rick Kempes, Bill Norcross, Ken Hackman, Jeremy Ralston, Joe Wingert, Alex Dashkiwsky, Carl Haag, Colette Herring, Libby White
President’s Report - Jim Wessier filled in for President Rich Slabinski
- Cathy Hoot is the official VP for the DBCA.
- Take an active interest in town and attend the First Friday meeting tonight at 6:00 p.m. at Borough Hall.
- The next membership evening meeting will be on Tuesday, September 11th at 7:00 pm at Borough Hall.
- Our ending balance for March is $4,705.45.
- Don’t miss out on being included on the visitors’ map.Â DBCA will shortly be printing the next edition of the community Visitors’ Map that highlights our borough business and cultural institutions.Â To be included in the map printing, membership must be received by April 30, 2012.
- The dates to prepare the flower baskets will be April 10th & 12th from 5-7 and April 14th 9:00 a.m. until finished.Â Volunteers will meet at Sunlit Farms, 3091 Street Road in Warrington.Â Preparing the baskets is a messy job.Â Please wear clothing and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet and dirty.Â Please call or email the office if you can volunteer.
- Hold the date to hang the flower baskets on Saturday, May 19th.Â Volunteers will meet at Starbucks and need a 6ft ladder.
Arts Festival Â
- The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 12th.
- Currently have 70 crafters and are half way there to filling the show.
- The festival is September 15th & 16th.
- Joan Doyle wrote a grant to the Rotary Club requesting $3,000 to revitalize the kiosk and maps in town.Â We received a grant check for $500 which will go towards this project.Â Â Â We are looking for 5 sponsor donations of $500 to go towards this project.Â Each sponsor will receive a plaque in the kiosk frame.Â If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact the DBCA office.
- Think about getting involved.Â If you are interested contact Stu Abramson at the Doylestown Historical Society.
- A calendar can be found on the Doylestown Bicentennial website www.doylestownbicentennial.org which lists all of the events planned for this weeklong celebration.
- The Doylestown 5K will be on Saturday, May 26th.Â The one mile run starts at 9:00 a.m. and the 5K starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Â In need of volunteers along the course, registration, finish line, clean up, etc.Â If you can volunteer please contact the DBCA office at 215-340-9988or email@example.com
- Still working on sponsorships for the race, it is not too late to sponsor the event.Â Contact the office if you are interested.
- Discussing what we can do to join in the Bicentennial celebration. .
- Mercer Museum having a construction tour of the new wing to celebrate the 100th year anniversary.
- Rutherfords 150 years of Doylestown picture slide show will be shown at the County Theater on Tuesday, April 29th at 7:30 p.m.Â After this showing they will be selling the CD to the general public.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00
< Back to Meeting Minutes