Minutes from the Monthly Membership Meeting of the
Doylestown Business & Community Alliance
Held March 13th, 2012 8:00 a.m.
Jim Wessier, Molly Lowell, John Downes, John Halderson, Rick Kempes, Nerice Kendter, Joan Doyle, Trish Gerghini, Matt Kaminski, Ron Martin, Heather Schmidt, Ellen Mager, Cathy Hoot, Lynne Ann Donchez, Heather Schmidt
PRESIDENT’S REPORT â€“ Jim Wessier filled in for Rich Slabinski
TREASURER’S REPORT â€“ Â Â Our ending balance for February is $4,816.13.
Membership â€“ Joan Doyle
The current number of memberships is 315.Â 179 Residential Members and 136 Businesses, Non-Profit, Professional & Undefined Members.
- Talk to your neighbors, colleges and businesses owners and encourage them to join DBCA.
- A grant was submitted to the Rotary Club. The kiosks located in 5 locations throughout town (Starbucks, Plaza West, Train Station, Court House and Broad and Court) are in disrepair and the maps are outdated.Â Â We are looking to use this grant money to build new kiosk frames and replace the outdated maps.Â We will know by the end of the month if we are awarded the grant.Â
Flower Baskets â€“ Rick Kempes
- The dates to prepare the flower baskets will be April 10th & 12th from 5-7 and April 14th 9:00 a.m. until finished.Â Volunteers will meet at Sunlit Farms, 3091 Street Road in Warrington.Â Preparing the baskets is a messy job.Â Please wear clothing and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet and dirty.Â Please call or email the office if you can volunteer.
- The flower baskets will be hung on Saturday, May 19th.Â Volunteers will meet at Starbucks and a 6ft ladder is needed.
Arts Festival â€“ No update.
5K â€“ Matt Kaminski
- The Doylestown 5K will be on Saturday, May 26th.Â
- Working on getting sponsors for the race.Â
- The next 5K meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 14th at 2:00 p.m.
Holiday â€“ Cathy Hoot
- A potential tree may have been found for this year.
- We have a landscape designer Heather Schmidt who will donate her time and will take charge of decorating the tree this year.Â
- The tree will have a winter nature theme.Â Looking to get the children, nature centers, retirement communities, CB Cares, summer camps, etc. involved with making the natural ornaments throughout the year.Â There will be a plan by September on what will be needed.Â The lights will also be doubled this year to make the tree brighter.
Merchant Group â€“ Nerice KendtlerÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Met with the Bicentennial committee to take on sponsoring a game during the Bicentennial festivities this year.
- Score has a free event on Wednesday from 6-8 to talk about social media and small business at the Logan Inn.Â Please RSVP if you would like to attend.
- The Bicentennial Committee has put together a week filled with activities and entertainment to celebrate the 200 year anniversary of the County Seat.Â Please go to www.DoylestownBicential.org if you would like to help or get more involved with the event planning for this event.
Borough Liaison â€“ Joan Doyle
- First Friday discussion of petition from Anti-First Friday group: Thursday, April 5, 6-7pm at borough hallâ€¦community and governmental affairs committee.
- Skateboard ordinance discussion tonight (Wednesday) at the public safety committee meeting, 7 pm at borough hall.
- Next membership meeting will be held in the evening instead of the morning.Â April 10th from 7-8 pm at Borough Hall.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00
< Back to Meeting Minutes