Minutes from the Monthly Membership Meeting of the
Doylestown Business & Community Alliance
Held May 8th, 2012 8:00 a.m.
ATTENDEES: John Halderson, Bill Norcross, John Stanojev, Steve Rock, Larry Brown, Roy Breffitt, Ellen Mager, Joan Doyle, Jeremy Ralston, John Downes, Matt Caffrey, Matt Kaminski, Lynne Anne Donchez, Paula Frame, Bill Norcross, Jeremy Ralston, Colette Herring, Libby White
Treasurer Report â€“ John Downes
Our ending account balances for April:
Operating - $4,748.18
5K - $5,784.12
Arts Festival - $20.077.13
DART Bus Update â€“ Mayor Libby White
- DART will be adding more routs and 2 more buses in July pending funding from the State.Â This will also include service on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am â€“ 9:00 pm.Â Free shuttle service to all parking lots.Â Need ideas for marketing, putting together a marketing team.Â There will be a DART meeting today at 10:00.
- If you are interested in advertising your business name on the DART buses contact John Davis, borough manager.
- The Flower Baskets will be hung in town on Saturday, May 19th.Â Volunteers will meet at Starbucks at 9:00 am and need a 6ft ladder.
Arts Festival Â
- Currently have 115 crafter and 120 slots filled.
- Entertainment is filled for the show this year.Â We have added a new venue tent at Oakland and Hamilton Street which will bring more traffic for our crafters and merchants in this area.
- The festival is September 15th & 16th.
- The Rotary Club grant check was received for $500 which will go towards revitalizing the outdated (6) kiosk and maps in town.Â The cost for this worthwhile project is still being finalized.Â Â All sponsor donations of $500 towards this project will have their name listed on all 6 maps.Â There will also be a DBCA acknowledgement on each map for putting this project together.Â If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact the DBCA office at email@example.com or 215-340-9988.
- Think about getting involved.Â If you are interested contact Stu Abramson at the Doylestown Historical Society.
- A calendar can be found on the Doylestown Bicentennial website www.doylestownbicentennial.org which lists all of the events planned for this weeklong celebration.
- The Doylestown 5K will be held on Saturday, May 26th.Â The one mile run starts at 9:00 a.m. and the 5K starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Â In need of volunteers for clean up. If you can volunteer please contact the DBCA office at 215-340-9988 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doing very well on sponsorships.
- Â Antique Car Show in Doylestown on Saturday, July 21.
- Rutherfords 150 years of Doylestown picture slide show will be shown at the County Theater on Tuesday, April 29th at 7:30 p.m.Â After this showing they will be selling the CD to the general public.
- Community & Governmental Affairs meeting on June 7th.Â Looking to form a young people’s task force and to get youth help in our community.Â
Meeting adjourned at 9:00
< Back to Meeting Minutes